Max Nikulin writes: > On 05/09/2023 16:42, Ihor Radchenko wrote: >> Max Nikulin writes: >>> >>> From my point of view it will be more sane behavior. However it may >>> require update of 3rd party ox backends. >> >> Yes. The main problem is that I fail to understand the motivation behind >> the current behaviour. git logs reveal that the code is there from the >> initial version of the library. > > Just a guess, likely unrelated to actual decision. For links like > "lisp:" or "shell:" keeping link type does not have much sense (however > stripping it is questionable as well). > > From my point of view, e.g. should be exported > as plain text (identity "a") rather than an (invalid due to > not escaped quotes inside href) link (identity > "a"). > > I still believe that fallback export should preserve link type. Code > links should define their export functions. Let's get started on tackling this problem from not stripping the link type. I am attaching tentative patch to that effect, as a first step.