Phil Jackson writes: > Bastien writes: > >>> I don't think it needs to go into org.el does it? When org-bookmark gets >>> it's turn upon `org-store-link' it should check a variable called, for >>> example, `org-bookmark-check-bookmarks-first' and then if that's non-nil >>> check major-mode and act accordingly. This will keep `org-store-link' >>> nice and clean. > >> Of course, you're right. >> >> But I doubt whether `org-bookmark-check-bookmarks-first' would be >> useful here. People using `org-bookmark.el' are likely to use it in >> dired-mode and in buffer visiting files as well. Actually, I would >> use it just for that (not really for creating links from the bookmarks >> list.) > > I don't think that just through the act of loading a module the > unrelated default behaviour should change. I would put a vote in for > this behaviour to be off by default (but then I don't use bookmarks). I've made some changes on org-bookmark.el in the git repository. I added three options: org-bookmark-in-dired nil org-bookmark-when-visiting-a-file nil org-bookmark-use-first-bookmark nil By default, the behavior is the same than what Tokuya proposed. But turning the options on, it will let you use org-bookmark to link to a bookmark if the buffer is visiting a bookmarked file. Tokuya, this is quite a big change on your original code. Please feel free to tell me you prefer to keep your original code in the CONTRIB/ section instead of this one. Thanks,