Nice to see this topic has come back to life. I've been playing with my old org-html-mail.el file, and come up with a much simpler solution, which takes advantage of the mml message mode functionality with is used in gnus (and I would imagine in some other Emacs mail clients, but I can't be sure). Just call this function and either the active region of your message buffer or the entire body (if no region is active) will be exported to html using org-mode, and will be wrapped in the appropriate mml wrapper to be sent as the appropriate mime type. So for example this | 1 | 2 | 3 | |--------------+--------+-------| | first column | second | third | will be exported as this