* [NEW] navi-mode for org files
@ 2013-04-04 13:49 Thorsten Jolitz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-04-04 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi List,

I made navi-mode (=> super-fast buffer navigation, visibility-cycling,
structure-editing, and much more, with one-key commands in an associated
read-only *Navi* buffer) work with Org-mode buffers too.

The basic things work, but there are still keyword-searches and
keybindings to define.

To check it out and get an idea what its all about, do the following:

1. Download these files to a place where Emacs can find them and do 'M-x
load-file' on navi-mode.el

,---------------------------------------------------------
| https://github.com/tj64/navi/blob/master/navi-mode.el
| https://github.com/tj64/outorg/blob/master/outorg.el
| https://github.com/tj64/outshine/blob/master/outshine.el
`---------------------------------------------------------

2. Download Bernt Hansen's amazing Org-tutorial and switch to its
Org-mode buffer (we use it as example Org-mode buffer)

,----------------------------------
| http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org
`----------------------------------

3. Type 'M-s n' (or 'M-x navi-search-and-switch')

4. do 'M-x menu-bar-mode' if menus are disabled for your Emacs and have
a look at the "navi" menu

5. Play around in the *Navi:<<original-buffer-name>>* buffer:

- use 'n' and 'p' to move down and up on the 1st-level headers shown
- use '1' '2' and '3' to switch between visible header levels
- use 'SPC' and 'DEL' to move page-up and page-down
- use <backtab> to cycle visibility of whole original-buffer
- use <tab> to cycle visibility of subtree at point
- use 'd' to display subtree at point in original-buffer
- use 'o' to switch to subtree at point in original-buffer
- use 'M-s M-s' to switch back to *Navi* buffer
- use 'b' to show all src-block headlines (and 'd' and 'o' on them)
- use 'C-1 b', 'C-2 b' and 'C-3 b' to show the source blocks embedded in
the headlines (level 1 to 3)
- use 'E' to make the *Navi* buffer editable (changes are applied
immediately to the original buffer (great in combination with
- keyboard-macros)
- type C-c C-c to make *Navi* buffer read-only again

(6. Want more?
- check the 'navi-menu' for more commands
- type 'h' to see the (customizable) user-defined keyword-searches and
their keybindings
- read the comment sections of the three libraries 'outshine', 'outorg'
and 'navi-mode' or the README-files on Github
- read the Worg article:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-outside-org.html)

--
cheers,