* [BUG?] org-babel-lilypond-commands can't be set through customize
@ 2020-02-10  9:44 Victor A. Stoichita
From: Victor A. Stoichita @ 2020-02-10  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi!

In ob-lilypond the variable org-babel-lilypond-commands appears to
be in a weird state. The customize interface says:
> org-babel-lilypond-commands: nil
   > [ State ]: UNKNOWN, you should not see this.
   > Commands to run lilypond and view or play the results.
   > These should be executables that take a filename as
   > an argument.
   > On some system it is possible to specify the filename
   > directly
   > and the viewer or player will be determined from the file
   > type;
   > you can leave the string empty on this case.

[C-h v] says:
> org-babel-lilypond-commands is a variable defined in
> ‘ob-lilypond.el’.
> It is void as a variable.

I can't set the variable through customize. I don't know what the
syntax would be to set it with setq.

Actually I only need to customize the more specific
org-babel-lilypond-midi-command. I can set this one with something
like
(setq org-babel-lilypond-midi-command "timidiy").

However its docstring says:
> org-babel-lilypond-midi-command is a variable defined in
> ‘ob-lilypond.el’.
> Its value is "timidity"

>   This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable.

> Documentation:
> Command to play a MIDI file on your system.
> Do not set it directly.
> Customize ‘org-babel-lilypond-commands’ instead.

Hence my attempt to customize org-babel-lilypond-commands.

I have org-mode 9.3.1.

Regards,
Victor

* Re: [BUG?] org-babel-lilypond-commands can't be set through customize
@ 2020-02-11  7:52 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor A. Stoichita; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Victor,

thanks for reporting this, this is fixed now in the maint branch.

Best,

--
 Bastien