Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sometimes when I use org-capture to create a new headline, that headline ends with a non-empty partial line that isn’t terminated by a newline. This causes the next headline to be corrupted, because the * is appended to the last line of the new entry. Example: * new entry some text * old entry I tried adding the empty-lines options and empty-lines-before and empty-lines-after, but this did not fix the problem. This sometimes causes entries to no longer be recognized as headlines, so my task planning does not show them (for example in org-agenda view, clocktable, and kanban.el). It would be great if it could be ensured that capturing a new entry can never modify the first line of another entry. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken