* tickler file & recurring events
@ 2021-01-30  8:26 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2021-01-30  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'd like to improve my GTD workflow by adding tickler file so that my
agenda views is not cluttered with reminders for e.g. paying bills and
similar tasks. I've followed, more or less, the setup described here
(https://emacs.cafe/emacs/orgmode/gtd/2017/06/30/orgmode-gtd.html) and I
can capture the task which is then put into tickler.org file, but the
problem is that most of such tasks are recurring ones, e.g.

** water the plants
    <2021-02-15 Mon +5d>

but in such case, all reminders are visible in agenda view, so wonder if
it's possible for such tasks to be added to agenda view **only**  when
they're due and not before?

SIncerely,
Gour

--
Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember
all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!

* Re: tickler file & recurring events
@ 2021-01-30 13:35 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-01-30 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška, emacs-orgmode

Saša Janiška <gour@atmarama.com> writes:

> so wonder if
> it's possible for such tasks to be added to agenda view **only**  when
> they're due and not before?

Check org-agenda-show-future-repeats
(<F1> v org-agenda-show-future-repeats <RET>).

Best,
Ihor

* Re: tickler file & recurring events
@ 2021-01-31 11:29   ` Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2021-01-31 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> Check org-agenda-show-future-repeats
> (<F1> v org-agenda-show-future-repeats <RET>).

Thanks a lot, that's just what I need!!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of