On 2021-04-19, Kyle Meyer wrote: > Tim Visher writes: > >> Unfortunately, the title now is essentially the exact text of the org >> heading, which is awkward in terms of readability for a general audience >> (and probably for SEO etc.). I know I said in my original message that I >> think stripping all the markup characters would be going too far but now I >> think I've come full circle and rendering the title as nothing but the >> plain text without any markup information feels like the right solution >> given what the title is supposed to convey. >> >> So, would we be willing to accept a patch to that effect? :) > > I don't have an informed opinion about the above, but providing a patch > might prompt those that do (including TEC, the author of the above > commit, as well as Jens, who provided reviews) to give their input. The following is not a strong opinion: The author writes “what the title is supposed to convey”. If there is *emphasis*, why not export that as ASCII markup to HTML? With an additional option, authors could choose. Best wishes Jens