Ihor Radchenko writes: > Again, we know this problem, and we normally force the prompt to be > something more unique when creating sessions. But we do not touch the > prompt when you point Org to an existing interactive shell buffer - that > could be a surprise if Org mode changes the prompts by force in the > shells you use interactively. ... on the other hand, Org mode simply hanging or emitting garbage is also not great. So, maybe changing the prompt by force is good? I am attaching tentative series of patches that will do exactly this - setup prompt even in the existing shell buffers. I also changed the babel prompt to be (1) shorter; (2) more "Babel"y.