* colorg: Weekly report
@ 2013-02-11  6:36 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2013-02-11  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Org friends.

Here is my weekly report on colorg development.  colorg is a tool for
real-time collaborative edition meant for Org files in the long run, and
located at https://github.com/pinard/colorg.

There is a client in Emacs Lisp and a server in Python.  There were no
change at all on the client this week, as it did its work for my tests.

The effort rather went into the server to address modification clashes
between collaborators.  The code I want is now essentially in place.  My
testing has been rather minimal, so surely, bugs remain.  Next weekend,
I plan more careful re-reading and testing.  There are a few things I
know I want to improve.  For example: the server might be over-cautious
when deletes and inserts clash, it might better guess users' intents.

François

* Colorg weekly report
@ 2013-02-18  3:55 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2013-02-18  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, my Org friends.

Real life rather caught me this weekend, to the point I had only very
little free time, not enough to sensibly advance the colorg project.

My plan was to program an automatic test generator for colorg-server.  I
wrote down notes about what it will be (but not worth committing).  I
came to realize that if I hand-write precise tests, I'll likely miss in
my tests whatever cases I miss in the code.  I'll rather have thousands
of tests generated, and save only a few in a repeatable regression
suite: some which are representative, or those which triggered problems.

So, hopefully, next weekend will be about tests, and solidification.

François

* colorg weekly report
@ 2013-03-11 14:26 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2013-03-11 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, people.

Still had absolutely no time for computers this weekend.  It may take
maybe two weeks still before my move is complete enough that I can work
again in my new location.  I'll resume my weekly reports only then.

François