* [BUG] Links are not followed when in tables
@ 2013-09-10  2:18 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-09-10  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Links (both internal and external) are not followed when in tables.

ECM:

#+TITLE:     ECM Reference Card

The following table lists the options that one can use.

| [[aaa][aaa]] | [[#ccc][ccc]] |
| [[bbb][bbb]] | [[#ddd][ddd]] |

(and many, many more)

** aaa
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CUSTOM_ID: aaa
   :END:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo
consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse
cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non
proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

** bbb
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CUSTOM_ID: bbb
   :END:

Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac
turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor
sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies
mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Quisque sit amet est et sapien
ullamcorper pharetra. Vestibulum erat wisi...

** ccc
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CUSTOM_ID: ccc
   :END:

Phasellus ut libero. Nulla in libero non enim tristique sollicitudin. Ut
tempor. Phasellus pellentesque augue eget ante. Mauris malesuada. Donec sit
amet diam sit amet dolor placerat blandit. Morbi enim purus, imperdiet in,
molestie sit amet, pellentesque eu, mauris. In vel erat vel ipsum bibendum
commodo. Curabitur accumsan. Nam sed metus. Etiam tristique bibendum justo.

*** See also

[[aaa][aaa]] \\
[[bbb][bbb]]

** ddd
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CUSTOM_ID: ddd
   :END:

Recipe:

1. Press RET on links you can find in the table -> RET simply goes to the
   following line.

2. Press RET on links you can find in the "See also" section -> the cursor
   moves to the right location.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [BUG] Links are not followed when in tables
@ 2013-09-10  4:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-10  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

use C-c C-o to follow links in tables.  That is the general command
to follow links - RET is only a convenience hack.  In tables, the
row motion action of RET is considered to be more important, as this
is the standard behavior in spreadsheet applications.

Regards

- Carsten

On 10.9.2013, at 04:18, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Links (both internal and external) are not followed when in tables.
>
> ECM:

> #+TITLE:     ECM Reference Card

> The following table lists the options that one can use.
>
> | [[aaa][aaa]] | [[#ccc][ccc]] |
> | [[bbb][bbb]] | [[#ddd][ddd]] |
>
> (and many, many more)
>
> ** aaa
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :CUSTOM_ID: aaa
>   :END:
>
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
> tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
> quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo
> consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse
> cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non
> proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
>
> ** bbb
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :CUSTOM_ID: bbb
>   :END:
>
> Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac
> turpis egestas. Vestibulum tortor quam, feugiat vitae, ultricies eget, tempor
> sit amet, ante. Donec eu libero sit amet quam egestas semper. Aenean ultricies
> mi vitae est. Mauris placerat eleifend leo. Quisque sit amet est et sapien
> ullamcorper pharetra. Vestibulum erat wisi...
>
> ** ccc
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :CUSTOM_ID: ccc
>   :END:
>
> Phasellus ut libero. Nulla in libero non enim tristique sollicitudin. Ut
> tempor. Phasellus pellentesque augue eget ante. Mauris malesuada. Donec sit
> amet diam sit amet dolor placerat blandit. Morbi enim purus, imperdiet in,
> molestie sit amet, pellentesque eu, mauris. In vel erat vel ipsum bibendum
> commodo. Curabitur accumsan. Nam sed metus. Etiam tristique bibendum justo.
>
> *** See also
>
> [[aaa][aaa]] \\
> [[bbb][bbb]]
>
> ** ddd
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :CUSTOM_ID: ddd
>   :END:
>
> Recipe:
>
> 1. Press RET on links you can find in the table -> RET simply goes to the
>   following line.
>
> 2. Press RET on links you can find in the "See also" section -> the cursor
>   moves to the right location.
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sebastien Vauban

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: [BUG] Links are not followed when in tables
@ 2013-09-10  4:36   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-10  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10.9.2013, at 06:33, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> use C-c C-o to follow links in tables.  That is the general command
> to follow links - RET is only a convenience hack.  In tables, the
> row motion action of RET is considered to be more important, as this
> is the standard behavior in spreadsheet applications.

P.S. this is actually documented on the docstring of the variable
`org-return-follows-link'.

- Carsten

@ 2013-09-10  7:52     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-09-10  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On 10.9.2013, at 06:33, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On 10.9.2013, at 04:18, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Links (both internal and external) are not followed when in tables.
>>>
>>> 1. Press RET on links you can find in the table -> RET simply goes to the
>>>  following line.
>>>
>>> 2. Press RET on links you can find in the "See also" section -> the cursor
>>>  moves to the right location.
>>
>> use C-c C-o to follow links in tables.  That is the general command
>> to follow links - RET is only a convenience hack.  In tables, the
>> row motion action of RET is considered to be more important, as this
>> is the standard behavior in spreadsheet applications.

I (almost) never use `C-c C-o'... This explains my surprise...

> P.S. this is actually documented on the docstring of the variable
> `org-return-follows-link'.

... even if I should have known it...

Thanks.

Best regards,