From: "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Custom forwarding for a scheduled task
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:15:46 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Fletcher,

Fletcher Charest wrote:
> First of all, apologies if I'm doing something wrong - I'm not used to
> posting in mailing lists.
>
> I read in the Org manual, about scheduled tasks :
>
> "A reminder that the scheduled date has passed will be present in the
> compilation for today, until the entry is marked DONE, i.e., the task will
> automatically be forwarded until completed."
>
> Sometimes, I schedule a task but can only carry out my second day of work
> on that task one week later (or my first day if I couldn't work on it on
> the scheduled day). I would like to know if it is possible to schedule a
> task, for example, on a Sunday, and see it appear in the agenda the next
> Sunday with the mention "Sched. 2x:  TODO my task". This way I know I have
> to carry out my second day of work on that task on that day.
>
> I tried to use delays for this but couldn't obtain anything.
>
> I'm sorry if this is standard functionality or if it has been answered
> somewhere. I usually find all my answers about org-mode online but this
> time I couldn't find any info.

This hasn't been answered yet, neither is it a common request.

FWIW, I removed such scheduling info (2x, 3x...) because it scared me to hell
when it went over 99 days delay.

But, to answer you, no, I don't think it's doable in the current system.
Though, you could get more or less the same functionality by clocking time,
rescheduling your task for the available Sunday, and clock again. On that day,
you would see that you're clocking hours 8 to 15 of your work.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban