Hi Bastien, On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 10:12:40 +0100, Bastien wrote: > > * The function org-show-notification should be more robust. It should not fail > > if it can't fire a notification for whatever reason. > > Please send a patch if needed for this. I tried my best, check the attachedd patch. > > * On MS Windows the function w32-notification-notify should be used. > > I just fixed this one: > https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/8dd2984a This actualy does not work, because the notification will be closed instantly and it will never appear. I'm currently in the process of writing a patch[1] to change that. The problem is, that emacs give the notification a static id and if there is a notification from your application with the same id windows wont spawn another notification, because you can update the notification. My plan is, to genrate a GUID and use that as its id, so that you can have multiple notifications and don't have to close the notification. But this does not work yet, since my C skills are not as good as it used to be. Thanks for your work! Tim [1] https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/compare/master...enko:feature/notification-guid