On Feb 10, 2008, at 11:24 PM, Bastien wrote: > Ian Barton writes: > >>> >>>> Taking the snippet below as an example. If I try to add a >>>> Property below My >>>> Bank using C-c C-x p I am offered completions for the Properties >>>> defined >>>> under Web Site Passwords, not Bank Details. Is this a bug, or am I >>>> misunderstanding the scope of the Columns directive? >>> >>> The COLUMN property just defines the column view, not the properties >>> themselves. When you set a property with `C-c C-x p', the prompt >>> offers >>> completion over all the properties that are found in the current >>> buffer. >>> >>> Does that answer your question? >>> >> >> Thanks Bastien. Yes and no:) In my example if I type ACC in the mini >> buffer Emacs returns No Match, whereas I assume it should offer >> ACCOUNTNO as a completion. > > This is not the current behavior. > > You have to actually use a property as a property (not as a column in > the :COLUMNS: property) so that the prompt offers it for completion. > > But I agree it would be useful if Org were recognizing values in > :COLUMNS: as properties, even when they are not yet in use. Yes, I just fixed this, thanks. Carsten