From: Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] C-c C-c in agenda
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 13:46:22 +0100	[thread overview]

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> I've now tested this and see how it can be useful, but having C-c C-c
>> perform this unique deactivation in agenda view seems unfinished.
>
> Also, when columns are activated in an agenda view, org-columns-map
> already bind C-c C-c to org-columns-toggle-or-columns-quit, so C-c C-c
> already deactivate the column view in agenda buffer.
>
> Or do I miss something?

You miss the lines which have not been transformed into columns by
column view, and I think that's all.

> (I'm not sure what org-columns--toggle does, but that's another
> story.)

Yes, but maybe this fits in here as a sub story.  The function does the
toggling part described in the manual

#v+
‘C-c C-c’ (‘org-columns-toggle-or-columns-quit’)
     When there is a checkbox at point, toggle it.  Else exit column
     view.
#v-

This functionality looks very special to me but possibly someone enjoys
this behavior daily.

>> I suggest C-c C-c can also call `org-agenda-set-tags' when the column
>> view is not activated.
>
> I just added this.

Okay, thanks.