Hi, Thanks for your time! >> After having stumbled over >> >> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/32144/org-mode-org-move-subtree-down-function-strange-behavior >> >> I also think the behavior of org-move-subtree-down is strange. >> >> What about pulling out the dance with the whitespace from >> org-move-subtree-down and just move the subtree as it is? > > There's at least a minor issue. I you like to separate your heading with > N spaces, you must keep N blank lines at the end of the buffer at all > time. Granted, the current implementation requires the same thing before > the first headline, but those are easier to see and maintain. Agreed. This is a point. Possibly one could write some kind of formatter to maintain a certain scheme to separate subtrees with N blank lines. > Intuitively, I would say the current behaviour is better, but feel free > to provide a patch so we can test the other way. I still propose to let org-move-subtree-down simply just move the subtree as it is. Concretely see the patch. Thanks for giving it a chance and best regards Marco