* org-edit-file ?
@ 2011-07-20 14:26 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2011-07-20 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just thought of an idea that I wonder if someone has implemented.

While writing my journal I find myself wanting to insert a graphics file,
e.g. a svg file and I write *file:foo.svg* . After having written the name
I  enter inkscape to create the contents of the file. To do that I have to
run inkscape manually and eventually doing saveas and navigate to the
correct directory to save the file. So my idea is to have a a new command
org-edit-file that would:

   - If the file does not exist, copy a skeleton file to the filename or
   generate the skeleton file by an emacs-function or by calling an external
   application.
   - Call the configured editor application on the new file.
   - If invoked with Ctrl-u , allow the user to specify what editor to run
   on the file, e.g. inkscape, or killustrator on svg files.

Does something like this already exists?

Regards,
Dov