I am pleased to announce (preliminary) support for embedding mathml files as ODF formulae in odt documents. Specfically if one provides a link to mathml files as shown below [[./equation.mathml]] then the contents of the mathml file is embedded in the exported ODT document as a ODF formula. I intend to support link to *.odf files as well. (But this is not available yet). Moot point: I am still uncertain how the mathml equations specified in Org format. For example, does the current approach of using file links of the form *.mathml (or *.odf) extension sound OK? Should I use a new mathml:// link type? Please see the attached Org file for a quick demonstration of what the current set of changes mean. 1. Update work area 2. Copy mathml.org, formula1.mathml, formula2.mathml to the same directory 3. Use C-c C-e O to export. Currently the equations are embedded as unnumbered, display/paragraph types. IMPORTANT: I am following this mail with a patch to org.el which will add support for LaTeX-to-MathML conversion using an external converter.