Bastien writes: Hi Bastien, > The patch looks good but I'd like to understand it better. > Can you send an example configuration working with your patch? In org-publish-project-alist, i have HTML publishing projects which should be published to different target directories depending on e.g. where emacs is running (which i determine in my init files using the MAC address of the default GW, the name the machine, ...). Here is an example: At home, i publish to a local directory (:publishing-directory "~/tmp/publish-test") but at work i would like to publish directly to a webserver (:publishing-directory "/plinkx:doxydoc:~/public_html/publish-test" - this is on w32, using tramps PuTTY/plink). To avoid having to change the definition of the publishing project when i change locations i would like to construct the actual value of :publishing-directory by calling a function: ("publishing-dir-test" :base-directory "~/Documents/Work/RS" :recursive t :base-extension "org" :exclude-tags ("intern") :publishing-directory '(expand-file-name "publish-test" kt:org-default-publishing-dir) :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html) Depending on the location i'm in, 'kt:org-default-publishing-dir' would be set to either "~/tmp" or "/plinkx:doxydoc:~/public_html". Without the patch, the example above does not work as the value of :publishing-directory does not get evaluated. > Also, please try to send git patch using these conventions: > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#sec-5 > > Thanks a lot! Thanks for the hint. I've attached a revised version of the patch which includes a changelog/commit msg - i hope that works for you.