Training wheels. That's what I need. One reason I like emacs so much. Emacs-the self documenting text editor. With abundant thanks to Kyle Sherman and his recently updated text org card. I was able to convert this to org-mode, and now have a command to pop it up: (defun org-help () (interactive) (find-file "~/org/help.org")) (define-key global-map "\C-c7" 'org-help) Against my better judgement, I attach this file. The reason I do not feel comfortable is that I have edited some strokes out of it. And it's not my work, generally. Now I have a question or suggestion. How difficult would it be to have this kind of pop-up help available and generated by org itself. Some background: Some years ago, I made up a popup feature that would pop up all my bindings for a certain prefix keymap. For example, I had a \C-x6 as a prefix, and this little card would display keybindings for all the functions I bound to these keys. I also do the same for several other prefixes. I bound this to be displayed when I typed \C-x6 [F1]. However, due to a fortuitous event, I stopped writing these up. I discovered that for some reason, and for some prefix maps, inexplicably, emacs itself has a feature that does this automatically!!!!!!!!!!!! The result for /C-c is far too limited to be useful for me for org mode, but it does work. The converted text reference card is a pretty good place to start. Perhaps org can be programmed to produce one of these. Thank you Kyle, and everyone else who has contribued to this package. Alan -- Alan Davis "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..." ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man