On 4/30/22 04:22, Max Nikulin wrote: > > I posted a corrected version of my `org-encode-time' macro, but I did > not add you to Cc (I sent reply through news.gmane.io), and it has no > special case to check whether `encode-time' supports 6 elements list > argument: Thanks, I looked at that and have a couple of questions. As I understand it, org-encode-time is intended to be a compatibility function like org-newline-and-indent and org-string-distance. Those are in org-compat.el, so I assumed org-encode-time would be there too. Also, if the intent is to emulate Emacs 29 encode-time, can't we do something like the attached instead? The idea is to implement Emacs 29 encode-time both on pre-29 Emacs (that don't support lists of length 6) and post-29 Emacs (which might drop support for the obsolescent form).