On May 19, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Daniel J. Sinder wrote: > Most of my tasks have only one state change (TODO->DONE), so I like > to be able to quickly see my log notes by fully expanding all > headings in a sub-tree. Thus, I do NOT use the LOGBOOK property. > > However, for repeating items the list of log entries can get quite > long. If I fully expand a sub-tree with a repeating task, the log > notes push the rest of the tree off the screen. I'd rather if > *only* repeating tasks (and perhaps select other tasks) used the > LOGBOOK property to keep the log notes hidden in a drawer. > > This brings me to my question and possible feature request. The > LOGGING property allows us to set logging preference on a sub-tree > basis. Is it possible to set the value of org-log-into-drawer on a > sub-tree basis, either via the LOGGING property or some other > property? If not, would it be possible to add this capability? That does make sense. Please use the new LOG_INTO_DRAWER property for this purpose. - Carsten