Hi Samuel, > > However, when I do org-refile as full path (not basenames), > it sometimes takes 45 seconds. Could you sent a test file for this? I cannot reproduce it. - Carsten > > > I haven't narrowed it down yet. Emacs just freezes. > > Every character I type from that point on takes another 45 > seconds or so. Deletes also take that long until I get back > to the place where it was fast. At that point it is fast > again. > > The difference from before is that before, it occurred > before the minibuffer showed the candidates, while now it > occurs in the middle of entering the selection string. > > Discontiguity might something to do with it -- sometimes it > happens when the character typed is different from the next > char in the target. Maybe the candidate list needs lots of > searching in that case. Maybe it is starting from the > beginning to match against the path? > > I have not noticed this happening when I use basenames in > org-refile ido. This leads me to conjecture that it might > be the size of the full paths. Maybe too much stuff for the > ido flex matcher to consider. uniquify-style disambiguation > might help by reducing the number of characters. > > It might or might not have something to do with typing a > space that exists next in the target -- or not typing the > same. Another possible hint is that sometimes, typing a > space inserts a slash. Not sure why. > > As I said, I have not narrowed down the exact cases. If you > have a priori ideas, please let me know and I will try them. > > Thank you very much. > > -- > Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists are knowingly causing further > suffering and death by opposing biomedical research on this serious > infectious disease. Do you care about the world? > http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/What_Is_ME_What_Is_CFS.htm