* [FR] Please consider adding "none" as option for ':mode' table LaTeX attribute
@ 2022-04-11 10:08 Paul van Gelder
From: Paul van Gelder @ 2022-04-11 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello all,

I am trying to export tables from orgmode to LaTex/PDF. I am using the following:\

#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment xltabular :width \textwidth :align |l|X|X|X| :placement [H]

(Note that there is a lowercase "l" between the the first two pipes "|" after :align)

When I export a (long) table that doesn't fit on the page, the table just runs off the PDF page.

After some online searching, I found a work-around:

First, to manually delete the following three lines from the .tex file:

\begin{table}[H]
\centering

\end{table}

Second, to move the \caption{} (which used to be above the now deleted \end{table} above \end{xltabular}.

Then the table formats correctly over multiple pages. It is no problem at all for me to do this manually, but I thought it may be convenient to have a 'none' or 'nil' option for ':mode' that wouldn't input the \table environment in the first place?

Perhaps I am doing it all wrong, and my feature request doesn't make any sense. In that case, I'd be delighted how to properly output an xltabular table that spans multiple pages - without having to manually edit the .text file.

I will try and figure out if I can edit some relevant Elisp code (and propose that as feature solution), but that may take a long time since I've never done that in the past.

Anyhow, thanks for this amazing mode and wish you all a good day.

Kind regards,

Paul

* Re: [FR] Please consider adding "none" as option for ':mode' table LaTeX attribute
@ 2022-04-11 11:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2022-04-11 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul van Gelder; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Paul,

On Monday, 11 Apr 2022 at 12:08, Paul van Gelder wrote:
> First, to manually delete the following three lines from the .tex file:

If you add these options to the ATTR_LATEX line:

 :float nil :center nil

you should get what you wanted.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d in Emacs 29.0.50

* Re: [FR] Please consider adding "none" as option for ':mode' table LaTeX attribute
@ 2022-04-11 14:02   ` Paul Van Gelder
From: Paul Van Gelder @ 2022-04-11 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Eric,

Thank you very much: that did it :-). Should have known there is always already a way!

Kind regards,

Paul

Sent from my iPhone