* Sending TODO items automatically to a specified email address
@ 2011-02-19 20:36 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2011-02-19 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to send TODO as email attachment. What would be nice
is if the TODO item is in the message and the text below it is an
attachment. Basically, this is how I remind myself of things that I need to
get done.

Actually, what would be nice is if I could configured org to send TODOs
within next week (or some other  time frame) automatically to specified
email address.

Best  wishes

Marvin

* Re: Sending TODO items automatically to a specified email address
@ 2011-02-19 20:48 ` Matthew Sauer
From: Matthew Sauer @ 2011-02-19 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

What format of an attachment would you want to be hooked to the e-mail
(html, xml, txt, pdf)?   I think that once you figure that out, write the
function to generate that the rest is downhill.  I have just started using
GNUS but I imagine it or one of the email programs in emacs or through a
python script an email could easily be sent.

Matthew

@ 2011-02-19 22:24   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2011-02-19 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Sauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Matthew,

I would like to send txt files.
Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2011-02-22 15:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-22 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marvin,

Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody know how to send TODO as email attachment. What would be
> nice is if the TODO item is in the message and the text below it is
> an attachment. Basically, this is how I remind myself of things that
> I need to get done.

The first step is to export selected entries to text files:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-export-headings-to-ascii (&optional match scope)
  "Export headings from the current buffer to ascii files."
  (interactive)
  (org-map-entries
   (lambda ()
     (org-mark-subtree)
     (let ((head (org-get-heading))
	   (beg (point))
	   (end (org-end-of-subtree)))
       (org-export-region-as-ascii beg end t (get-buffer-create head))
       (with-current-buffer
	   (get-buffer-create head)
	 (write-file
	  (concat (replace-regexp-in-string " " "_" head) ".txt")))))
   ;; see org-map-entries docstring
   match scope))
#+end_src

Then to attach the files, which depends on what MUA you use.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Sending TODO items automatically to a specified email address
@ 2011-02-22 19:08   ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2011-02-22 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks,
Bastien

By the way I use Mac mail, hopefully this shouldn't be a problem

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone