* Re: Org mode as contact DB/Log ?
@ 2006-08-28  3:45 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2006-08-28  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Xavier,

I have no idea what a BBDB file is but I do use org-mode to manage my contacts.

Each contact is a heading then I keep information with one data field
per line identified with a letter. This is useful for generating compact printouts
for my planner folder.

A: Address
H: Home phone number
W: Word Phone number
B: Birthdate
M: Mobile (cell) Phone number
E: Email address (not used much since email addresses live inside
    my Thunderbird or Gmail account.
F: Fax

For example:

** John Smith
A: 200 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2070
H: 9433 7645
W:908 75431
B:10-May-1960
E:
jsmith@somewhere.com

Notes about the contact go here

I used to structure the contacts under major headings of Family,
Friends, School, Work related, Financial, Restaurants,  but I am going
to rework this using org-mode tags for various categories. A useful tag
would be for Christmas card lists/

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu.org> wrote:

> I am trying to feed my BBDB file with personnal and profesionnal
> contacts.

> My idea is to use Org as contact DB plus having tools to manage a
> contact log (when did I call Mr X ? what did we talk about ? ...)

* Org mode as contact DB/Log ?
@ 2006-08-27 17:59 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2006-08-27 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I am trying to feed my BBDB file with personnal and profesionnal
contacts.

I have difficulties doing so (phone format is not clear in my mind)
and thus I was thinking I could use org-mode to manage my contacts.

Does any of you are doing this ? Do you have ideas to share on that
topic ?

My idea is to use Org as contact DB plus having tools to manage a
contact log (when did I call Mr X ? what did we talk about ? ...)

WDYT ?

Xavier