* Feature Request
@ 2006-09-25 23:58 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2006-09-25 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've gotten in a habit of storing my todo's in the following format,
and I'm curious if there's a way to automate this...

* Daily
** 2006-09
*** 2006-09-25
**** TODO Item One

I don't always have an item for each day, its sparsely populated, but
I'd like to automate making the first few headings.

Any suggestions? Even a macro? ;]

* feature request
@ 2007-11-18 18:13 Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle @ 2007-11-18 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi fellows,

I have a question/feature request.  Often tables are a very easy and
apropriate way to structure information that are fluent.  I work at the
following table (e.g.):

| Hotel | Manager | price | requested | booked |
| blah   | Mayer    | 250   |                 |              |
| bluh   | Schulze   | 260   |                |               |

Now here comes what would be neat: The tables lists all Hotels who offer
seminar rooms, which person is banquett manager, the price for the
room.  Since I often book rooms for seminars (or invite people to
workshops etc.) managing bookings/invitations via tables is more
effective than doing it with TODO-items (more so because the same table
is used over and over again).  What would help greatly would be a way to
manage fields the same way as with TODO items: A key-string would place
a "NO" "RUNNING" "ANSWERED" button right there ... same way as with
TODO-items.

Is this already possible?  Haven't found it in the manual.

Greetings, ray

* feature request
@ 2009-03-23  2:14 Robert D. Crawford
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2009-03-23  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been trying to make an org-remember template that will grab the
title of the webpage I want to create a link to.  This seems to not be
possible, although I could very well be wrong.  I was curious as to
whether a new keyword could be created for w3 and w3m links.  Seems that
:title would be very useful.

I am pretty sure I could code this myself... doesn't seem to be terribly
difficult.  It is not likely though that I would ever contribute code to
anything else, so filling out the form and waiting for all of it to get
where it needs to go seems a bit of a waste.

Thanks for listening,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.

* Feature request
@ 2010-10-10 13:50 David Abrahams
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: David Abrahams @ 2010-10-10 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I have to reschedule quite a few items daily.  Often they're
yesterday's items that I need to reschedule for today.

  `C-c C-s . RET'

is a bit much typing for that, so I re-bound `S' to
org-agenda-schedule.  But

  `S . RET'

is still a bit much.  I'd like it if the default when rescheduling was
always for today, instead of the date the item is already scheduled
for, so I could

  `S RET'

in the usual case.  What about a customizable option to set the
default schedule-for date?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* feature request
@ 2011-07-18 21:36 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2011-07-18 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A little data destruction protection.  I put together a table and had to
destroy all copies of it after having tried to set up averages for a
couple columns.  The averages didn't work and data got zeroed out and I
lost an entire column of data that way.  One of my problems I'm sure was
caused because I tried data gathering first then tried modifying the
original table and adding the formulas later.  Next time I attempt
anything with org and mathematics, I'll write my data set down in braille
and ought to have done that with this data set as well.  What might have
helped here a little is if a column is going to be put into existing
columns the column inserts rather than overwrites any column that might be
there.  The broken table I ended up with had six columns and two of those
were single space columns out to the right with nothing in them.  There
ought to have been before I did anything with formulas at most four
columns in the table.  I did enter time stamps in as two separated date
and time fields originally then when I read what all could be put into
time stamps, I consolidated those first two columns into a single time
stamp column.  I don''t know if that consolidation did further damage or
not.

* feature request
@ 2013-06-25 15:22 42 147
From: 42 147 @ 2013-06-25 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org-mode has proven tremendously useful in writing musical analyses, but
it would also be nice to provide musical examples in plain text.

Is there anything like this available? If not, I may try to do it
myself. I'm finally getting my act together and finishing the Emacs Lisp
Intro; but any help pointing me to the right examples, or the right
conceptual frameworks would be much appreciate.

Here is more or less what I would want:

----------
----------
----------
----------
----------

Pretend that is the staff. The user places the cursor on the staff, and
therefore enters "note entry mode." The "note-entry" function is passed
three args: one for the note, two for the rhythmic value. So if the user
presses "F," "F" is passed as the first argument; if the user enters
"8", "8" is passed as the second argument; if the user enters ".", "."
is passed as the third argument.

This produces a dotted 8th F note on the staff. The third argument is
optional (since not all rhythmic values are dotted), and its value is
nil by default.

Anyway, that is a draft of what I would want. May already exist with
slightly different functionality.

* Feature request
@ 2021-01-14 17:01 Raoul Comninos
From: Raoul Comninos @ 2021-01-14 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)