From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Release 6.17
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 13:32:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Steven,

thank you for your thoughtful post and everyone else for chiming in with
useful suggestions.

I have just uploaded 6.17a which revamps the codeline references stuff,
in the following way:

1. The default label now looks like      (ref:name)

2. The default format is defined in org-coderef-label-format,
    with the default value "(ref:%s)".

3. You can change the format for each individual snippet with the -l
switch:

       #+BEGIN_SRC pascal -n -r -l "((%s))"

4. Links to the labels have also changed, they are now

        [[(name)]]  or [[(name)][in line (name)]]

    instead of

        [[((name))]]  or [[((name))][in line ((name))]]

    i.e. only single parenthesis around the label name.

5. For technical reasons, there are currently some restrictions
    to what you can use as label format:

    - Do not use the character special in HTML:  `<', `>', and `&'.

    - Use something that will not be split up into sections
      with different fonts by font-lock/htmlize.  For example,
      in pascal-mode, "{{%s}}" will not work (I know nothing of
      Pascal, was just something I tried).

    The reason for both restrictions is that the current
    implementation looks for the labels only *after* htmlize has
    done its work on the example.  Clearly it would be good to
    change this, but it is non-trivial and I won't do it until
    I see that it is really necessary.

Let's see how ar we get with this.

- Carsten