Would “fixing” this also remove the statistics cookie from agenda views? That would be a pity as I find it very useful there for my ways of using Org. Cheers, --alex -- www.condition-alpha.com / @c_alpha Sent from my iPhone; apologies for brevity and autocorrect weirdness. > On 4. May 2022, at 14:24, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > Ignacio Casso writes: > >> I replied to this bug report yesterday via the "reply via email to" >> button in >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2022-05/msg00058.html, >> assuming it would send it to the org-mode list, but now I see that it >> was only sent to Fabian. > > It is not directly related to Org, though indeed annoying. I reported > this unexpected behaviour to mailman@gnu.org > >> Still, I think it might be interesting to compare this topic with the >> one I linked in my reply, >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2022-03/msg00293.html, >> which it's basically the same bug report but about COMMENT keywords. In >> that regard, I have tested that org-capture targets do work regardless >> of statistcs cookies. Could not something equivalent be done so that >> they also work regardless of COMMENT keywords? Feel free to reply in >> that other thread if you feel this is off-topic here. > >> This bug is related with the issue I reported in >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2022-03/msg00293.html. The >> problem is that `org-heading-components' uses >> `org-complex-heading-regexp', which does not consider statistics >> cookies, and neither COMMENT keywords as I reported. I think it should be >> updated to consider both. > > Note that org-complex-heading-regexp-format does consider statistics > cookies, but only at the beginning/end of the headline title. > Unfortunately, it is impossible to provide generic printf format to > match a headline title with arbitrary statistics cookies inserted in the > middle of it. > > As for your other report, it is a hard one - org-complex-heading-regexp > is hard to modify because we guarantee certain match groups and its hard > to fit COMMENT in there without breaking backward-compatibility. > > I generally dislike the idea of the available plethora of analytic > regexps with numbered match groups. I am currently working on > generalised Org element matcher that provides named groups for arbitrary > Org syntax elements, including headlines. > > Best, > Ihor >