Thanks Manish. I did find the checkbox section, but it didn't work for me. I got it by a google search on "emacs org-mode check boxes". I put the '[]' manually, and then tried C-c C-c to check it, but it didn't work. Will try these and let you know tomorrow. I had used planner before, and the org mode is much much better. Thanks again. - Umesh On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Manish wrote: > On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Umesh Nair wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am new to org-mode > > Welcome! > > > ( I tried org-mode a year back for a few days, and now again I am > > trying it.) > [... snip...]