Hello everyone, I encountered a change of behavior since org version 9.7 than removes my source files instead of tangling them at the correct location, using "org-babel-tangle-publish". I have not found in the changelog any description of something that could explain this change, so I report it here. I'll try to show a minimal example of this issue. * Description I have the following file structure. . ├── org │   └── Code.org ├── publish.el └── src └── code.cpp In the "org" directory, I have my org file that describes my code in literate programming. It's content is: #+begin_src c++ :tangle ../src/code.cpp int a = 3; #+end_src The expected behavior is to generate the file "code.cpp" in the src directory with the tangle mechanism. In this example code.cpp only contains the line: int a = 3; To generate the sources from the org files, I use org-publish. The code of publish.el is: (require 'package) (package-initialize) (require 'org) (require 'ox-publish) (setq org-publish-project-alist (list (list "generate-source-code" :base-directory "./org" :base-extension "org" :recursive t :publishing-function '(org-babel-tangle-publish) :publishing-directory "." :auto-sitemap nil))) (provide 'publish) ;;; publish.el ends here To use the publish from a script I use the following command: emacs --batch --load publish.el --eval '(org-publish "generate-source-code")' * With org-mode 9.6 It works as expected, the code in "Code.cpp" is tangled into "src/code.cpp". * With org-mode 9.7 I can see "code.cpp" is tangled at the root directory "./code.cpp", but the file "src/code.cpp" that existed previously is deleted. * Additional information emacs version: "29.4" org-version: - Test with version 9.7.10 (commit 5ebd973e09d7a46d056f1cd9b5efc44e878cce9c) - Test with version 9.6.30 (commit 071c6e986c424d2e496be7d0815d6e9cd83ae4e6) If I use directly "org-babel-tangle-file" I don't have the problem, the file in tangled to the right location: emacs --batch --eval "(require 'org)" --eval '(org-babel-tangle-file "./org/Code.org")' * Bonus question As a guix user, I use contained environments as much as possible. In the case described above, I generate an environment without git. I get the following warning: Error: (file-missing "Searching for program" "No such file or directory" "git") It does not have any consequence on the tangling process, but I was wondering if it was expected that my org-publish process depends on git ? Would there be any benefit to add it to my environment ? * Repository I created a repository with some scripts to reproduce the error, using guix to control the environment. https://gitlab.inria.fr/gmarait/debug-org-9.7 Thank you and best regards, Gilles Marait