From: Jeff Rush <xanalogica@gmail.com>
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Call for an Emacs Library Developer
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 20:28:36 -0500	[thread overview]

Thanks Greg for those links.  I was aware of Mobileorg-Android but didn't
know development had started back up.  The Orgzly app looked more
mature at this point but, of course, doesn't do everything that .org can
do in managing documents.  But it's use of a simple query language to
produce agenda of tasks is interesting and, using Dropbox it is easy to
connect my desktop .org files with those on my phone and tablet,
although I sometimes forget to click the SYNC button.  I wish it was
automatic, like a Google Doc.

On 10/25/2016 08:48 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Jeff Rush <xanalogica@gmail.com> writes: > >> I'm a huge fan of
Org-Mode and have tried on and off to use it to sync >> tasks with
Toodledo.com.  There is an Emacs library org-toodledo for >> this but it
has fallen into disrepair and the author of the latest fork, >> @myuhe
(Yuhei Maeda) can't be found. >> >> This module seems to be the best way
forward for making the many >> tasks I maintain in org-mode available
bi-directionally on my Android >> phone, using the Ultimate ToDo app
(layers over Toodledo.com) and >> the Orgzly app (syncs docs and tasks
(via search expr) using Dropbox). > > There is also the android
mobileorg app, which is actually Free Software > and doesn't require
using non-Free network services and sharing your > data with third
parties.  It seems to be in need of maintenance too: > >
https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android > > And there is a
fork/rewrite which I didn't know about, but looks interesting: > >
https://github.com/wizmer/syncorg