On 04/05/2016 09:34 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Tuesday, 5 Apr 2016 at 15:12, Dominik Schrempf wrote: >> Do I make myself clear now? > Yes and I think the key would be to ensure that every note etc. has a > heading. This avoids all the problems you have with non-terminated > entries. Avoid a flat structure and org works very well. > > For instance, if you use a capture rule based on a date-tree, you can > easily add to the end of the file while still add notes later to any > previous entry. Plus you have the advantage of knowing when notes were > added. See screenshot where I have added three notes and then went and > added some text to the first note I took today. > > > > The notes were added using my journal capture rule posted earlier. > A few years ago I found code for a journal entry at Metjack that is not org-capture (or org-remember as it was at that time) https://metajack.im/2009/01/01/journaling-with-emacs-orgmode/ Charlie Millar