Uwe, On 04/05/2016 06:32 AM, Uwe Brauer wrote: > > Hi, > > On 04/04/2016 03:46 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote: > > > I have been using recutils with orgmode for more than year - still > > learning of course. So far, my experience has been fine. I am still > > developing some sort of standard databases, e.g. one for contacts, > > another for finance type of records, etc. > > Do you have some example or a pointer or so. I don't know even how to > start. > > A caveat - I am slowly learning lisp - of any kind - and I have not programmed in over 45 years (college). See the attached files - one is a template for entering data into a recfile and the other is a sample of how I use some of the data in that recfile. I also have a couple of remote-descriptors so that I don't have reinvent the wheel for every recfile. Originally I set up an org capture template and switched modes for entries into a refile, but this was not a "good" solution. In the recutils list I mentioned org capture and perhaps it could be modified to recutils, but I never sent Jose a use case. > > Have you checked out the two recutils mailing lists? Not very > > active at the moment. I mentioned in those lists that perhaps some > > sort of capture much like org-capture might be useful, but have > > made no further effort in that regards. > > > I picked up a excellent pointers as to using recutils to create > > org-mode tables from Jose Marchesi's and Eric Shulte's ob-rec.el > > discussion on this list back in 2011. I ultimately export the tables > > and related text to LaTeXpdf docs. > > Could you provide me a link, please? Here's the thread on Gmane http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/37697/match=ob+rec+el > Uwe Brauer Charlie Millar