From: Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: orgmode and a database
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:27:02 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

On 04/04/2016 03:46 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am looking for a sort of database I could use with orgmode. Anybody
> has a suggestion? What's about recutils?

I have been using recutils with orgmode for more than year - still
learning of course. So far, my experience has been fine. I am still
developing some sort of standard databases, e.g. one for contacts,
another for finance type of records, etc.

Have you checked out the two recutils mailing lists? Not very active at
the moment. I mentioned in those lists that perhaps some sort of capture
much like org-capture might be useful, but have made no further effort
in that regards.

I picked up a excellent pointers as to using recutils to create org-mode
tables from Jose Marchesi's and Eric Shulte's ob-rec.el discussion on
this list back in 2011. I ultimately export the tables and related text
to LaTeXpdf docs.

A few months ago I added recutils or "rec" to the Babel:languages, Emacs
Package section - still haven't provided an example though. (It may have
been Eric who encouraged me to post my entry to Worg, but at the moment
I cannot recall for sure.)

Charlie Millar