Hi, attached you'll find a pdf file showing the elusive vertical white-space errors using the engraved source block export backend that I demonstrated yesterday evening. I also attached the org demonstration file and the mini-library that makes the demonstration file work. You can find also everything at https://github.com/gav451/org-exp-exp (except for the pdf). I checked that the errors are also present in a minimal "clean" environment where the only installed packages are engrave-faces, auctex, and pdf-tools. I have also seen these kind of errors on Gentoo systems, but I have no access to those anymore. I have a patch which is unacceptable because it limits the font size to "normalsize" and it requires visible draw boxes around floating listings. Nevertheless, I attach it to show where I got stuck. Regards -- Gerard