* agenda-todo format
@ 2006-09-14 15:24 Peter BARABAS
From: Peter BARABAS @ 2006-09-14 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Is there a way to display the tags of an entry after its category? The default
format for this is:

(todo  . "  %-12:c")

I tried to put %T into it, but it always prints the tags at the position of
org-agenda-align-tags-to-column's value. I cannot find how to disable this align.

Also, in the todo view tags are not fontified. Is it intentional?

Thank you for your help. I find org-mode very useful.

Regards,
Peter.

* Re: agenda-todo format
@ 2006-09-14 16:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-14 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter BARABAS; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 14, 2006, at 17:24, Peter BARABAS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to display the tags of an entry after its category? The
> default
> format for this is:
>
> (todo  . "  %-12:c")
>
> I tried to put %T into it, but it always prints the tags at the
> position of
> org-agenda-align-tags-to-column's value. I cannot find how to disable
> this align.

%T is the correct way to display tags in the prefix - currently only on
tag will be shown there.  If you want to remove the tags from the end
of the line, take a look at the variable
`org-agenda-remove-tags-when-in-prefix'.

> Also, in the todo view tags are not fontified. Is it intentional?

How and why would you want them fontified?

- Carsten

* Re: agenda-todo format
@ 2006-09-14 17:10   ` Peter BARABAS
From: Peter BARABAS @ 2006-09-14 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> %T is the correct way to display tags in the prefix - currently only on
> tag will be shown there.  If you want to remove the tags from the end
> of the line, take a look at the variable
> `org-agenda-remove-tags-when-in-prefix'.

Thank you, this is what I need.

> > Also, in the todo view tags are not fontified. Is it intentional?
>
> How and why would you want them fontified?

In the org-mode buffer the tags have the same color as the text, e.g. in

* Foo                         :foo:

:foo: is blue and bold.

Though now I think I'd like to assign a face to my tags (e.g. green for
:personal:, blue for :work:). Is there anything that can help me in this?

Is it possible to give priorities faces? E.g. red for #A.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Peter.

* Re: Re: agenda-todo format
@ 2006-09-20 11:13     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-20 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter BARABAS; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 14, 2006, at 18:10, Peter BARABAS wrote:

>>> Also, in the todo view tags are not fontified. Is it intentional?
>>
>> How and why would you want them fontified?
>
> In the org-mode buffer the tags have the same color as the text, e.g.
> in
>
> * Foo                         :foo:
>
> :foo: is blue and bold.
>
> Though now I think I'd like to assign a face to my tags (e.g. green for
> :personal:, blue for :work:). Is there anything that can help me in
> this?
>
> Is it possible to give priorities faces? E.g. red for #A.

Check out the documentation of the function `font-lock-add-keywords'
(Emacs only, not XEmacs, I think), this will allow you to get your own
little extras in org-mode.  This will not work in the agenda, because
there I control the fontification by hand, font-lock is not in the game
here.

I don't think it is a good idea to keep the headline-level related face
in the agenda, because the agenda lists tag matches "democratically",
without looking at outline level.  That is why also the tags are just
black, like the headline.

I could give you a hook that runs when the agenda buffer has been
created......

- Carsten