Creating a list in Org from a Ruby Array is trivial #+BEGIN_SRC ruby :exports results :results value list ["x" , "y", "z" ] #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: - x - y - z But trying the same thing from R gives a surprising (to me) result #+BEGIN_SRC R :exports results :results value list c("x","y","z") #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: - ("x") - ("y") - ("z") removing the list header creates a table, but there seems to be no straightforward way in R to create a list of elements that is treated by Org as a list. Am I missing something? Greg