On Feb 25, 2010, at 5:29 AM, Eric Schulte wrote: > Hi Andrea, > > Andrea Crotti writes: > > [...] > >> >> What could be the "minimal" introduction needed before talking about >> org-babel for a smart (but maybe not emacser) audience? >> > > That's an excellent question, and I have no idea what the answer > should > be. The first step is certainly introducing Org-mode, maybe with a > focus on tables, and the export to html and LaTeX. From there Org- > babel > may best be described as the addition of active source code to Org- > mode > documents. > > I think Org-babel is most easily introduced through a couple of short > live demos hitting on the main points of functionality > - executing a source code block capturing the results in an org-mode > buffer > - reading inputs from a table > - reading inputs from another source-code block > - tangling > - exporting an org file to html including soure-code block results > and/or fontified code > > Best of luck! -- Eric > Hi Andrea, One attempt at a "minimal" introduction is: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/intro.php I'd be interested to see your presentation. Perhaps you could send a link to the list for those of us unfortunately not able to travel to Florence. All the best, Tom