* Edit current tree-node?
@ 2013-09-08 17:58 Fredrik
From: Fredrik @ 2013-09-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In babel you can push C-c ' and a new buffer opens to edit the current
code in a new buffer. Does something similar exist to edit a part of an
org-file?
Say I have the following :

* Tree 1
** SubTree2
* Tree 2
* Tree 3

My cursor is on SubTree2 and I would like to open that part in a new
buffer to brainstorm around it and then put the changes back in to the
original file.

Regards,

Fredrik

* Re: Edit current tree-node?
@ 2013-09-09  0:39 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-09-09  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 07:58:33PM +0200, Fredrik wrote:
> In babel you can push C-c ' and a new buffer opens to edit the current code
> in a new buffer. Does something similar exist to edit a part of an org-file?
> Say I have the following :
>
> * Tree 1
> ** SubTree2
> * Tree 2
> * Tree 3
>
> My cursor is on SubTree2 and I would like to open that part in a new buffer
> to brainstorm around it and then put the changes back in to the original
> file.

C-x n s, `org-narrow-to-subtree'.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Edit current tree-node?
@ 2013-09-09  7:13   ` Fredrik
From: Fredrik @ 2013-09-09  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2013-09-09 02:39, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 07:58:33PM +0200, Fredrik wrote:
>> My cursor is on SubTree2 and I would like to open that part in a new buffer
>> to brainstorm around it and then put the changes back in to the original
>> file.
> C-x n s, `org-narrow-to-subtree'.

Perfect! Thank you!