* skip:t option not working
@ 2013-08-10  1:00 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2013-08-10  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I cannot get the skip:t option to work with HTML export. This option is
listed in the manual, and it worked before Org-8. Am I missing
something? Below is a simple sample in which skip:t doesn't work, even
with emacs -q. I'm using Emacs 24.2.1 with Org 8.0.3.

Scott Randby

--------
This text should be skipped upon export.

* Test section

This is the text in a test section.

#+TITLE:
---------

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-08-10  2:58 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-08-10  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> I cannot get the skip:t option to work with HTML export. This option is
> listed in the manual, and it worked before Org-8. Am I missing
> something? Below is a simple sample in which skip:t doesn't work, even
> with emacs -q. I'm using Emacs 24.2.1 with Org 8.0.3.

I don't think it exists any longer.

--
Nick

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-08-10 16:56   ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2013-08-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 08/09/2013 10:58 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I cannot get the skip:t option to work with HTML export. This option is
>> listed in the manual, and it worked before Org-8. Am I missing
>> something? Below is a simple sample in which skip:t doesn't work, even
>> with emacs -q. I'm using Emacs 24.2.1 with Org 8.0.3.
>>

> I don't think it exists any longer.

If the option no longer exists, then it might be a good idea to remove
it from the manual.

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-08-10 18:00     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-08-10 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> On 08/09/2013 10:58 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I cannot get the skip:t option to work with HTML export. This option is
>>> listed in the manual, and it worked before Org-8. Am I missing
>>> something? Below is a simple sample in which skip:t doesn't work, even
>>> with emacs -q. I'm using Emacs 24.2.1 with Org 8.0.3.
>>>

>> I don't think it exists any longer.
>>

> If the option no longer exists, then it might be a good idea to remove
> it from the manual.

Indeed, but afaict, it's no longer in the current (8.0.7) manual. Are
you looking at an older version of the manual perhaps? I might have
missed the reference of course, in which case if you post the details,
somebody will fix it.

--
Nick

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-08-10 18:46       ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2013-08-10 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 08/10/2013 02:00 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I don't think it exists any longer.
>>>

>> If the option no longer exists, then it might be a good idea to remove
>> it from the manual.
>>

> Indeed, but afaict, it's no longer in the current (8.0.7) manual. Are
> you looking at an older version of the manual perhaps? I might have
> missed the reference of course, in which case if you post the details,
> somebody will fix it.

You can find a reference to the skip option on this page:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html

It seems that this is the old 12.2 page, but it still links up to the
8.0.7 manual. No wonder I've been confused. The correct 12.2 page is
given by this link:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-back_002dends.html#Export-back_002dends

The current export options (which I missed before) are now in section 12.3:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html#Export-settings

I think the website needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Scott Randby

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-09-02  5:47         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-02  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10.8.2013, at 20:46, Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/10/2013 02:00 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

>>> If the option no longer exists, then it might be a good idea to remove
>>> it from the manual.
>>>

>> Indeed, but afaict, it's no longer in the current (8.0.7) manual. Are
>> you looking at an older version of the manual perhaps? I might have
>> missed the reference of course, in which case if you post the details,
>> somebody will fix it.
>>

> You can find a reference to the skip option on this page:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html
>
> It seems that this is the old 12.2 page, but it still links up to the
> 8.0.7 manual. No wonder I've been confused. The correct 12.2 page is
> given by this link:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-back_002dends.html#Export-back_002dends
>
> The current export options (which I missed before) are now in section 12.3:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html#Export-settings
>
> I think the website needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Is this still an issue?

Thanks.

- Carsten

> Scott Randby

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-09-02 15:58           ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2013-09-02 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 09/02/2013 01:47 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On 10.8.2013, at 20:46, Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Indeed, but afaict, it's no longer in the current (8.0.7) manual. Are
>>> you looking at an older version of the manual perhaps? I might have
>>> missed the reference of course, in which case if you post the details,
>>> somebody will fix it.
>>>

>> You can find a reference to the skip option on this page:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html
>>
>> It seems that this is the old 12.2 page, but it still links up to the
>> 8.0.7 manual. No wonder I've been confused. The correct 12.2 page is
>> given by this link:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-back_002dends.html#Export-back_002dends
>>
>> The current export options (which I missed before) are now in section 12.3:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html#Export-settings
>>
>> I think the website needs to be cleaned up a bit.
>
> Is this still an issue?

The following page still exists on the website:

  http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html

Its title is "12.2 Export options" and the "Up" navigation link
(http://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting.html#Exporting) on the page leads
to the "Exporting" page (section 12) of the current manual.

In the current manual, section 12.2 is "Export back-ends."

Scott Randby

* Re: skip:t option not working
@ 2013-09-02 21:24             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-02 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2.9.2013, at 17:58, Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/2013 01:47 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> You can find a reference to the skip option on this page:
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html
>>>
>>> It seems that this is the old 12.2 page, but it still links up to the
>>> 8.0.7 manual. No wonder I've been confused. The correct 12.2 page is
>>> given by this link:
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-back_002dends.html#Export-back_002dends
>>>
>>> The current export options (which I missed before) are now in section 12.3:
>>>
>>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html#Export-settings
>>>
>>> I think the website needs to be cleaned up a bit.
>>
>> Is this still an issue?
>
> The following page still exists on the website:
>
>  http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html

Indeed.  THis one and about 20 other old files still lurking there.
I have removed them now, thank you.

- Carsten