* Copyright of contributions to org-mode
@ 2013-03-13 10:50 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-03-13 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org List

Dar all,

in the light of the recent dispute, I have now added the
paragraph below to

    http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#sec-2

to clarify the copyright implications of submitting
contributions to org-mode.  I hope this helps to avoid
problems in the future.

Regards

- Carsten

By submitting patches to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, or by pushing changes
to the Org-mode repository, you are placing these changes under GPL
version 3, with all the implications that has.  If at the time you
submit or push these changes you have active copyright assignment
papers with the FSF, for future changes to either Org-mode or to
Emacs, this means that copyright to these changes is automatically
transferred to the FSF.  The Org-mode repository is seen as upstream
repository for Emacs, anything contained in it can potentially end up
in Emacs.  If you do not have signed papers with the FSF, only changes
to files in the contrib/ part of the repository will be accepted, as
well as very minor changes (so-called /tiny changes/) to core files.
You will be asked to sign FSF papers at the moment we attempt to move
a contrib/ file into the Org core, or into Emacs.