Hi Tory, I use the same version emacs and orgmode version as you, and I have similar needs as you: filtering org-agenda by tags, etc. I will share my whole section of org-agenda-custom-commands as it is, I hope you can followup it nicely. Find it attached in file: agenda-filters.org Cheers, Pedro On 5/25/24 21:26, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > webdev@toryanderson.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes: > >> After years without issue where I could choose, for example, to see my >> daily work agenda, the filters are now failing to be applied. This is >> in org 9.6.15, as shipped with my emacs 29.3. I have verified that >> this problem is the same in =emacs -Q= without any other packages: >> when I choose my agenda view, such as "C-a w d" for my daily work >> agenda, I still get an agenda buffer named "Org_Agenda(wd)", but none >> of my preset filters have applied. I skimmed the documentation and I >> haven't seen any changed syntax. Here is my definition from my >> =use-package org= =:custom= section: >> >> #+begin_src lisp >> (org-agenda-custom-commands >> '(("w" . "Work") >> ("wd" "Work Day" >> ((agenda "" >> ((org-agenda-span 1) >> (org-agenda-start-on-weekday nil) >> (org-agenda-regexp-filter-preset >> '("+ODH\\|AGENDA\\|CONFERENCE" "-TSA\\|PRIESTHOOD"))))) >> nil))) >> #+end_src > According to the docstring of `org-agenda-regexp-filter-preset', > > ...The preset filter is a global property of > the entire agenda view. In a block agenda, it will not work reliably to > define a filter for one of the individual blocks. You need to set it in > the global options and expect it to be applied to the entire view. > > So, you should set this variable as a part of global agenda command > settings, not inside individual block. > > Not a bug. > Canceled. > >> Why has this stopped applying my filter when it worked for so long? Is >> it a bug, or do I need to change something to make it up-to-date? > I have no idea because you did not tell which Org mode version had your > settings working. I suspect that it could have happened around the time > Org mode switched from dynamic binding to lexical binding, but it is > just a blind guess. >