From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: cs-usenet@arcor.de
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Org-mode 4.40
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:21:28 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jun 28, 2006, at 13:45, Christian Schlauer wrote:

> * Filling of text with negative numbers in column 0
> In my texts, temperatures occur, like
> -5 °C. Try to fill this paragraph with `M-q'.

Nice little bug!  Fixed, thanks.

> * Timestamping
> ** <2006-08-03 Thu> Changing the date with <S-up/down> works
>
> ** [2006-06-28 Wed] Changing the date with <S-up/down> doesn't work
> It isn't possible to change the date of inactive timestamps with
> <S-arrow key>. Instead, priorities are added to the heading. I'd much
> prefer to be able to change the date.

Hmmm.  Yes, the rational thing behind this (which may not be very
valid) is that [] time stamps are mostly used to *record* an event, and
therefore the timestamps should not be
changed......   But I think you are right, it is not very intuitive.

> ** On a German Windows XP, I get German day names in timestamps
> What I mean is that I get timestamps like [2006-06-28 Mi]. Is this
> somehow configurable? I might write English, and then I want English
> timestamps. (On an English Windows 2000 or an English GNU/Linux, both
> with a German keyboard layout, I don't see this.)

I am not sure how exactly this works, but I believe this has to do with
locales.  There are 3 Emacs variables for this:

Variable: locale-coding-system
This variable specifies the coding system to use for decoding system
error messages, for encoding the format argument to format-time-string,
and for decoding the return value of format-time-string.

Variable: system-messages-locale
This variable specifies the locale to use for generating system error
messages. Changing the locale can cause messages to come out in a
different language or in a different orthography. If the variable is
nil, the locale is specified by environment variables in the usual
POSIX fashion.

Variable: system-time-locale
This variable specifies the locale to use for formatting time values.
Changing the locale can cause messages to appear according to the
conventions of a different language. If the variable is nil, the locale
is specified by environment variables in the usual POSIX fashion.

If these are nil, then the locale is set somewhere in your environment.
  I don't know what legal values are, but I would suspect that you can
set the above variables to change the weekday abbreviations in time
stamps.  Maybe this is enough of a pointer.....

Thanks.

- Carsten