From: David Niemi <dniemi@yahoo.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Change to pdflayout.sty file to fix letter-sized orgcard
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 05:14:09 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm not sure where to submit this but for a long time the
orgcard_letter.pdf file that has been distributed with orgmode (in doc
folder) has not been right.

Someone else asked about this previously but there are obviously
bigger fish to fry since it hasn't been resolved.

Anyway, I looked into the orgcard.tex file and noticed that it
references a 'letterpaper' which never seemed to get set.  Looks like
this should have been set in the pdflayout.sty file.  So I added a
line containing

\letterpaper=1

after line 33 in the pdflayout.sty file (modified copy attached).
Maybe there should be more to this but this allowed me to use my TeX
package to generate a working US Letter paper sized version of
orgcard.pdf by setting \pdflayout=(1l) in the orgcard.tex file.

I thought I'd share and ask whoever maintains pdflayout.sty to
consider updating it so the orgcard_letter.pdf file may in future be
as originally intended.

Orgmode is quite useful and I really appreciate everyone who
contributes.  I may subscribe to the list in the future when I have
enough time to participate.

Thanks for your attention.  ~David