On 3/8/12 7:38 AM, A. Major wrote: > Thanks, but the "dir" PROPERTY appears to affect the target directory for > babel's results, neither the HTML nor the PDF output are influenced that way. Yes, that's why I said "this part of the problem". > Combining BIND and the "dir" PROPERTY, I can get HTML and babel files in the > right place, but not the PDF. > > Any other suggestions? :) Yep. Change three characters in org-latex.el. Problem solved. Maybe. :) The attached patch addresses a difference between the latex and html exporters, enabling the user to choose a different output directory for latex/PDF export by binding org-export-publishing directory, just as was already possible for html export. If there's a latex user following this thread who understands the ways of the latex exporter, could you have a look to see that it doesn't screw up anything else before I submit a properly formatted patch? Yours, Christian diff --git a/lisp/org-latex.el b/lisp/org-latex.el index 03664b4..759fad4 100644 --- a/lisp/org-latex.el +++ b/lisp/org-latex.el @@ -870,7 +870,7 @@ when PUB-DIR is set, use this as the publishing directory." (concat (file-name-as-directory (or pub-dir - (org-export-directory :LaTeX ext-plist))) + (org-export-directory :LaTeX opt-plist))) (file-name-sans-extension (or (and subtree-p (org-entry-get rbeg "EXPORT_FILE_NAME" t))