On 10.9.2013, at 10:50, Suvayu Ali wrote: > On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:16:06AM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote: >> >> The question is: What are people using C-arrow for? >> >> I think the main application is reasonably fast motion >> and selection in a *linear* way. Is this correct, or do people >> disagree here with me? > > I use it for navigating a buffer (not necessarily Org) linearly; i.e. go > back and forth between parts I'm working on or to peruse the contents of > a file. That said, often I feel the need for a navigation command which > allows me to navigate the semantics of the buffer (which exactly what > Nicolas's elements based navigation does). > >> The amazing element motion commands Nicolas has implement >> correspond to sexp motion, as he has said himself. >> Maybe C-M-f and C-M-b are the better binding match for these? > > I think you are right here. There is a need for both. For me, I use > linear navigation more commonly; so I would prefer C- for > linear navigation and some other bindings (like C-M-f/b, as you suggest) > for the elements based motion. And by linear, I think we don't mean strictly linear, but on a paragraph/table/item scale, ignoring hierarchy. Cheers - Carsten > > Cheers, > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free.