From: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>
To: Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: cleaning all the #+results from an org document
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:24:26 +0900	[thread overview]

Hi,

but there is one interesting aspect missing. If I want to evaluate the
blocks and see the results but e.g.

a) send it to someone without the results (to let him create his own)
b) archive them without having possible huge amount of lines of results
which can be reproduced any time by executing the block again.
c) to delete all the old results and start "fresh"

A function to remove all results might become handy.
Sometimes I find it quite difficult to see if a source-code block
execute at all and if the results are "up-to-date" or still rather old
results. Sure there is the message in the mini-buffer but its quickly
overlooked or removed by a key-press.

Actually, I would prefer that "old" results are deleted at the very
first step, then the source code block should be executed and finally
results are printed again. Its simply to dangerous to overlook that some
results might not be updated after all because something might went
silently wrong within the execution.

Another idea would be to add a timestamp making the last time of
successful execution clear, which might be nice for many different other
reasons.

#+results: [2011-07-28 Thu 21:15] ;; huh, no seconds in org-mode ?!

Greetings

Totti