* Worg is back!
@ 2008-02-08 10:45 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-02-08 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   winter slowly fades away
   our screens under the bless of spring
   so fight against unfair decay
   and give your keys another string

Yes, Worg is back.

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/worg/

Worg is a bunch of .org pages documenting the piece of code we love.
Worg lives in a git repository so that anyone can check it out and
possibly contribute to it.

If you just want to *read* Worg, the easy way is to check the website
where its HTML output lives (see above URL.)

If you want to *contribute* with content (tutorial, code, screencasts,
etc.), you will need to go through these preliminary steps.

- install git
- create a SSH key
- create a new user on http://repo.or.cz/m/reguser.cgi
- send me your username

Once you've done that, you are able to check out the git repository as
mentionned on this page:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/worg/worg-git.html

The fun about Worg is that we can share a TODO file and work together,
assigning tasks to each others.  Let me say it again: by contributing to
Worg, you will be able to edit a shared worg-todo.org and assign tasks
to other poeple!  Look:

,----
| * TODO Implement my favourite sorting strategy #198
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :Owner: dominik
|   :END:
|
| * NEXT Answer my email from november 2007 !
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :Submitter: your_girlfriend
|   :Owner: bzg
|   :END:
`----

Then, with the relevant agenda view, you will be able to check what
people want you to do.  If you want more concrete example, just check
the worg-todo webpage:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/worg/worg-todo.html

I hope you will find Worg useful.

--
Bastien

* Re: Worg is back!
@ 2008-02-09 12:30 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2008-02-09 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien (bzg@altern.org) wrote:
>    winter slowly fades away
>    our screens under the bless of spring
>    so fight against unfair decay
>    and give your keys another string

Love it! :-)

> Worg, you will be able to edit a shared worg-todo.org and assign tasks
> to other poeple!  Look:
>
> ,----
> | * TODO Implement my favourite sorting strategy #198
> |   :PROPERTIES:
> |   :Owner: dominik
> |   :END:
> `----

*grin* Speaking of sorting, I've just (finally) been looking at column
view properly, and there doesn't seem to be any way of sorting rows.
I don't know if this would be very hard to do, but it could be very
useful.  A simple use case would be grouping actions by owner when
extracting and tabulating actions arising from minutes of a meeting -
see my next post for more detail...

* Re: Worg is back!
@ 2008-02-12  9:24   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-02-12  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Spiers; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 9, 2008, at 1:30 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

> Bastien (bzg@altern.org) wrote:
>>   winter slowly fades away
>>   our screens under the bless of spring
>>   so fight against unfair decay
>>   and give your keys another string
>
> Love it! :-)
>
>> Worg, you will be able to edit a shared worg-todo.org and assign
>> tasks
>> to other poeple!  Look:
>>
>> ,----
>> | * TODO Implement my favourite sorting strategy #198
>> |   :PROPERTIES:
>> |   :Owner: dominik
>> |   :END:
>> `----
>
> *grin* Speaking of sorting, I've just (finally) been looking at column
> view properly, and there doesn't seem to be any way of sorting rows.
> I don't know if this would be very hard to do, but it could be very
> useful.  A simple use case would be grouping actions by owner when
> extracting and tabulating actions arising from minutes of a meeting -
> see my next post for more detail...

Sorting makes only sense in rows that are all on the same level, all
children of the same parent.  Because of this restriction, it does not
seem right to put this into column view itself, which flatens the
outline
structure.  However, you can sort children according to the value
of a property, using `C-c ^ r'.

- Carsten