On 06/21/2011 02:22 AM, Sebastian Berchtold wrote: > Hi, my first post here: So big shout outs to all org-mode hackers. > Great Stuff! > > There is one feature I'd really like to have, but i couldn't find > anything that does what i want. I guess it's just a small hack, but > with my retarded elisp skills it would take me days to implement it. > > WYSIWYG Latex is probably not the correct term for this. What i have > in mind is more like seeing the formula, while editing the > ASCII/Unicode representation. I'll try to explain the idea more > detailed. Hi Sebastian, I have attached a quick and dirty hack I wrote in December 2010. It works by updating an image file whenever the formula at point in your Org buffer changes. If that image file is currently open in an image buffer, that buffer is automatically refreshed. If LaTeX reports an error, the image will not be updated, so you have to check if the image updates when you expect it to to avoid syntax errors. See the comments at the top of the file for usage instructions. Unfortunately, due to lack of time and knowledge of org-mode and elisp, this thing likely still has a lot of bugs and is not implemented properly (I guess it should be a minor mode). However, it seems to work in simple cases. Hope this helps, Jan